Total Pageviews

Friday, October 29, 2010

Goodbye my Linx

de bene esse: literally, of well-being, morally acceptable but subject to future validation or exception

An animal lovers lament

My little guy Linx died today, he was my first cat, not the family cat.  My little soldier survived hurricanes, storms and my absences on his own until I came home.  Witnessed the drama in my love life with my ex, his 'daddy' - he and Whiskey sat by me when I was sad. Whiskey - Wickee - a litle ginger boy didn't survive the relationship so Linx and I carried on until Henry George the 8th came to stay.  Henry survived today but not my Linx.

He was kinda wild a while ago because of my absences but since then I've been home alot so he became tame and friendly with a shiny black coat in full feline splendour. 

Winks, Plinx, Winky woo, Plinky poo ... I feel terrible it was my responsibility to protect you.  The huge dog with massive jaws is my dog friend that killed you today.  It was violent and primal and I knew you would not survive it. 

So now he's gone.  Brutal way for my Linx to go. I HaTe that this happened.

Last night before he left for the all night puss party they apparently have he kept bobbing his head for me to pet him and I did.  It was strange then - he never does that - it was his good bye, he's an animal, he would know he was soon to go.  I feel so bad for my lil guy.



One afternoon I came home early and he was perched on the wooden trail and I took his picture - his last

Henry - Henny Benny - post carnage

another day

LLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linx will be missed even by Henry even though he will not admit it.