Total Pageviews

Friday, October 22, 2010

Middle-aged Women and Long Hair

de bene esse: literally, of well-being, morally acceptable but subject to future validation or exception

My thoughts on articles exploring the sensibility of long hair on middle aged ladies.  Though not middle-aged I am swaning my way to that mark.  I mentioned that Demi Moore at 47 and others have long hair, to which my friend said, yes but those women are celebrities, suggesting that normal women fall short of such style proclivities.  I have had long hair all my life, had no need for extentions - my mother and all her sisters did as well, my cousins also.  My mother and aunts all cut their hair at the expected milestone just as my cousins and I will be expected.  In this modern age - do we have to conform to traditions?  Although the age in which we live will always be modern, traditions often remain.  I have been told my great grand aunts wore white or black full skirted and high laced at the neck dresses with severe buns - no doubt long tresses rolled into buns or chignons.  I think I will do the same - that is with my hair, not the dresses.

The short of it is long hair means there is always, atleast, hope.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/24/fashion/24Mirror.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3&partner=rss&emc=rss

No comments: