Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Its a Woman's World!

de bene esse: literally, of well-being, morally acceptable but subject to future validation or exception


Click topic for LINK

Weeks ago I got into a debate, unbidden, about the rights of women to have greater suppport in the work place during and after pregnancy.  The points made that day - which I found so annoying were:

  • men still run the world and their issues remain primary
  • budgets cannot support nursing rooms or day care areas at work
  • women will spend their time in the nursery and not on the job
  • most annoying ... women who have no children will resent perks given to women who are mothers
I insisted that a woman who is relaxed, knowing her baby is safely nearby will be more focused at work and productivity will increase.  I proved this years ago when I was quite young with an even younger assistant who came back to work early because I lobbied for her baby to come to work with her.  The irony was my bosses had no practical reason to deny my position and my plan worked marvelously.

It would do the world a great service if policies drafted by women were given prevalence in all social issuess.

Now lets get real - there is no other way to enter this world except through a woman including the idiotic men who see pregnancies as the flights of  fancy of working women.

If there is any point to be gained here is the recognition that women perpetuate the human race while having a career, bringing home the bacon and that includes single mothers who bear the entire financial burden.  Their responsibilities are tremendous.

Its about time women got some old fashioned RESPECT!  The male kind.

No comments: